Friday, August 16, 2013

Switch to linux

I haven't forgot my blog, just many things happened in the meantime, like: I bought PS3, started to seriously train climbing, work at workplace intensified, then summer and vacation came, and so on. Many times I tried it before, always finding some obstacle or constraint which made me return back to the dark side, but I always knew that one day we would get along just fine. That day came 4 months ago and since then Windows is only "collecting dust" on one partition of HDD, preserved just in case I must work from home. I've chose Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon for my primary OS and I have to say my laptop responds more agile on my commands and almost all apps I need are working, except Visual Studio of course. As for games, like I said earlier, I have PS3 for them, so it's all cool :)  In four months it froze once, which ain't that bad but not as stable as Windows 7 which never crashed in two years.
In initial post I announced that I'll post an useful wxPython project but I left it on that almost forgotten partition of HDD, half complete, with core functionality, but much work remains for it to look attractive and polished. I'll orient more on Tkinter now since it's better integrated with Python and it's future seems more promising. Soon I'll post Python/Tkinter app for crackin zip and rar files.

No comments:

Post a Comment